2008年12月14日日曜日

Training for Tokyo Marathon 2009

>Dear Mr. MARK CHRISTIANSON. [ID - 0849]
Congratulations! You have been selected to run the Tokyo Marathon 2009.


I'm in! http://www.tokyo42195.org/2009/index_e
Despite lottery odds of 7.5 to 1, I got lucky again for the second year in a row and am scheduled to run the big one with 35,000 others on March 22nd. Strangely lucky? Or does the committee have a policy of letting non-Japanese skip the lottery? All three of my regular Japanese running buddies failed to get in.

Now I need to get serious after staying off most running for most of November due to a painful ligament problem in my left foot. I'm not 100% yet, but had no problem with a one hour run yesterday. Fortunately, university is out for Spring break from late Feb, so I should be able to get plenty of miles in.

My running plan and time goal? Last year's time was 4h 57min, so anything less than that would be nice. Need to drop some weight and increase distances gradually 10~15km in Dec, 15~20km in Jan, 20~25km in Feb, and do some 30km runs in March before cooling down in the previous week. Something like this.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿