2011年4月15日金曜日

SoundCloud - the best online voice recorder!

I was just in the process of looking for an easy way to record and share audio online when I noticed that my blues harp teacher Satoru Hiramatsu (link) was using a tool called SoundCloud to share tunes and lessons with his students.

Very nice tool. http://soundcloud.com/

See this embedded audio for an online handout (link) for my Academic Speaking students, for example.

Sound Cloud can create a short link to the recording like this: http://snd.sc/dJksSB

Or, you can embed it like this below:

Check out SoundCloud by Markc0908

It is very, very easy to record and post online. The only problem I have encountered so far is that the process of "transcoding" a recording seems to take a long time sometimes and that delays the availability of the online audio sometimes. I hope the short recording embedded above will finish transcoding soon...it has been going for 5 minutes or so even though it is a very short file...I didn't have any problem with this yesterday when I recorded for several minutes, so maybe it just depends on the traffic load of the server?

I'm hoping my students can use this for English speaking homework such as "record a rehearsal of your upcoming presentation" and share it with your teacher to get advice, or just record a skit or dialogue with a classmate to show that you have mastered the language we studied this week.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿