2011年5月22日日曜日

Sitting on the other side of the interview

This year is my first time to be on a personnel committee. It is a interesting experience to be on the other side of interview.

I am getting a sense for how CVs are screened for interviews. I got a packet of a very large number of CVs for a job opening that was recently posted and had to create a short list very quickly under pressure before a meeting to compare my short list with the other members of the committee. It is VERY important to have a resume that is easy for the committee members to scan quickly and find the main things we are looking for: final degree with a MA in TESOL or something related, teaching experience especially at the college level in Japan, research interests and publications related to what we do in the ELP.

Some resumes are hard to read in terms of not putting priority information or a summary at the beginning.

This weekend I'll do my first interviews. What will I ask? How can I probe whether a candidate will be effective here in the ELP?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿