2012年9月19日水曜日

Who is this guy "Mark"? Who am I?


I should add a bit of commentary on this.

I assigned a slide show for a self-introduction to my Sophomore class titled You: A Course of Personal Writing and created one for myself.

Below are some notes to match the slides above.

The first slide shows an old passport photo of my mother Eileen with my older brother Chris (right), myself (left), and my first younger sister Jeannette. My second younger sister Karen wasn't born yet.

The second slide shows all of us, including my father Warren, standing in the fields of Asashina in Saku in Nagano. That is where I grew up as the son of protestant missionary parents, attending Japanese elementary school and one year of junior high school.

For my high school years, I attended Christian Academy in Japan (CAJ), an international school in Higashi-Kurume in Tokyo. The photo where I hold the loudspeaker shows one of the activities I directed as student president in my senior year.

The cherry blossoms are a photo taken off the net showing University of Washington, where I majored in International Studies with a focus on China and also Chinese Language and Literature.

Next is a photo of Megumi, my wife, who I met in Shizuoka when I was working for the international business department of a Japanese car systems manufacturer. We got married in 1999 and she is the love of my life.

 We have two children, Michael born in 2003 and Mei born in 2007, and playing with them and helping them mature is the most important and most enjoyable thing I do.

Anxieties...am I doing a good job as a father? The picture shows Michael when he got a little carried away playing with his cousin Colton putting on the black stuff used by baseball players under their eyes.

 The future...I plan to just keep doing my best to develop as a language educator, with a future goal of doing teacher training. A doctorate degree is also a possibility in the near? future. Step by step.

For fun, I run marathons and enjoy hiking and kayaking among other things such as hanging out with Megumi and my kids, or a cold beer with friends.

So, that's a bit of who I am. Any questions?

1 件のコメント: