2009年8月26日水曜日

My first Voice Thread post



This is my first experiment with creating a voice thread. So easy and functional! It was easy to upload the main photo (or video), add my video, audio, or text medium comment, get a response from my colleage Chris (thanks!) by sharing with email, and Embedding this in my blog was extremely easy with just one click.


Since this should be easy for students to use to post photos/videos to stimulate communication, I want to try using this for my college classes, possibly for getting students to state opinions about news images, share personal narratives, or upload and exchange comments on group presentations.

The main logistical difficulty seems to be to give students time in a computer lab with audio/video recording devices working. Our labs have mikes on the headsets, but no video, so comments will have to be text or audio unless students have their own cameras at home or can use personal cell phone video.

But it looks like I can only make three of these with the free account, so I may need to shell out 60 dollars per year to get enough capacity to run a class activity with it. To get around that, if students are just doing one or two creations, I can ask the students to make free acounts. That may be enough for a "try it out" type experiment just for fun.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿