2010年1月26日火曜日

ARW Notes for 1/25 Monday - Winter Project Groups

First we started by brainstorming what articles might be good for the Future Newspaper of 2110 we will collaborate on. Perhaps the idea of 2110 is too far away to imagine? Or everyone is too tired and overwhelmed with other projects to spend time on creative thinking?

I hope everyone can contribute to the Google Doc. Let me know your ideas on this.

Also I set the initial deadline as Wed, but I wonder if that is too tight. It is no problem to move it back, so I'll ask everyone what they think on Wed.

After a confirmation of some schedule things, each group tried to move their project forward by discussing their research questions and how they will go about researching them.

My role as the instructor was mainly to confirm and give advice on whether the project seemed focused and realistic enough.

The current topics seem to be:
  • Should money be spent on space colonization research?
  • Hunger in Africa
  • Female education in Afghanistan
  • Using bugs as a food supply to solve the global hunger problem
  • How to solve the birth rate decline in Japan
I hope each group can find a clear focus, help each other research this, and start to develop a thesis and main point proposing solutions to solve the problems.

We will basically continue team discussions on Wed. I wonder what kind of support I might give at this point. More examples? Just plenty of time for group discussion? Any ideas?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿