2010年7月14日水曜日

Taking Michael to Seattle (7/15-8/4)


Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I take off for Seattle to stay there a few weeks with my son Michael to give him a chance to live in the US and meet my sister's family. He'll go to Summer Adventure Camp and also an International Soccer Camp in Seattle with his cousin Coco, and hopefully he'll have fun and make some friends. I'll be meeting some old friends from my master's program years, enjoying microbrews, doing some shopping (shoes my size!), and spending time working on some research papers. We'll go to a Mariner's game and possibly do some camping or hiking.

Seattle is my favorite place to be in the summer. I can't wait.

Hopefully, Seattle will have dry, cool, sunny summer weather, and hopefully Michael will hit it off with his cousin and chat away in English and want to come again next year. He's been speaking more and more Japanese to me, and I'm hoping a few weeks in the US during the summer will give his English (or at least his desire to keep practicing English) a bit of a boost. We'll see how it goes!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿