2010年8月18日水曜日

4th Tokyo Marathon?

Just submitted my application for the 2011 Tokyo Marathon.Registration for Tokyo Marathon 2011

Apparently foreigners (even those living in Tokyo) are exempt from the high stakes lottery with almost 10 to 1 odds that makes it very difficult for Japanese runners to get in. Lucky me. I have Japanese running buddies who have applied every year and haven't been able to get in.

So far, I've run in 2008, 2009, and 2010, so this would be my fourth one. My best time was set this year with 4 hrs 17 min, and I hope I can break the four hour barrier this time. Got some running style analysis and new shoes with custom in-soles molded for me in Seattle and I'm ready to hit the training hard.

Running in the same marathon could get a bit old, but the Tokyo Marathon stays attractive to me just because of the sheer size of the event, with 35,000 runners pounding through the streets of Tokyo, and the sheer convenience of having the starting line less than an hour away in Shinjuku a few stops down the Chuo train line.

I hope I get in! I definitely need the goal to motivate me to do some more consistent running with longer distances...three weeks of hamburgers, pizza, and BBQs in the USA followed by a higher than usual rate of beer drinking on trips to Vietnam and Shizuoka have fattened me up nicely over the summer.

Time to get back in shape!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿