2010年11月26日金曜日

Design for Change: Kiran Bir Sethi teaches students to take charge

A blog post by Michael Stout led me to the movement started by Kiran Bir Sethi, who was at the JALT conference I just attended in Nagoya.

I think my college students should be doing what her primary school kids are doing: Moving their communities to change as part of their process of education. Get outside of the classroom and actually do things. Learning the attitude of "I can" and "being the change" (Ghandi) are both activities that I want to incorporate in my classroom.

The first step will be to show this TED video in my classes and also the Design for Change website.

Then...start brainstorming what change needs to come about and what we can do? Will this work with Japanese college students in an English class? Making a video and posting on the Design for Change website seems to be a very meaningful project.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿