2012年10月29日月曜日

Mei: Daddy, why did God make viruses? Dad: ...

My 5 year old daughter Mei and I were sitting on our couch watching the news on some Japanese TV channel and the issue being discussed was computer viruses infecting people's computers. The following is a real conversation as accurate as I can reproduce from my memory. Mei: Daddy, what's a virus? Dad: It's like a teeny tiny bug that makes people or computers sick. Like when you catch a cold, it's because of a virus, and you have to take some medicine to kill it. Mei: Why did God make those? Dad: (Stumped) Uh...hmm...good question. Mei: Why did God make bad things? Like mosquitoes. I hate mosquitoes. Dad: Yeah, I hate those too. Good question. I guess you'll have to ask God. Mei: When I die?? Dad: Yeah. Mei: But that's too late!!

1 件のコメント: