2010年4月27日火曜日

Visited the Earth Marathon Cafe--Go Kampei-chan!

My marathon buddy Toshi is a fan of Kampei-chan's Earth Marathon and proposed that we have a few drinks at the Earth Marathon izakaya in Shinjuku named

TISTAROCCA(チスタロッカ)

http://www.earth-marathon.com/2010/04/02/000016.html

Good takoyaki!

The Earth Marathon is an amazing project by 60 year-old comedian Kampei-chan to run around the globe. He has done 32,500km over 485 days, but now is taking time off in San Francisco for cancer therapy. I hope he will recover soon and finish his run.

I wasn't so interested in this prior to last week, but watching the videos of this comedian jogging through Iran and Turkmenistan and interacting with the local people changed my mind. I think this type of project can help mutual understanding between cultures a lot.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿